Disable notifications when I’m assigned to a ticket I just created

trev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2020

Hey,

I have a rule (Project Settings > Apps > Automation) that assigns tickets to me when I create them. I don’t know if that has anything to do with this or if I just get notifications because a brand new ticket was assigned to me. Unfortunately it causes me to get a flood of notifications on iOS and in the sidebar (bell) icon. 

I really don’t want these notifications. I want them when someone assigns a ticket to me, even if I made it to begin with, but not when I’m assigning it to myself (whether or not it’s new, honestly). I already know I did something and it’s drowning out other important notifications. Is there any way I can disable notifications when a ticket I just made is assigned to me? I played with the Automation thing and under communication and I only see how to send an e-mail or initiate some sort of communication but nothing about how to suppress one. 

BTW this is a "next gen" project. 

Thanks! 

1 answer

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2020

Hello @trev ,

I want to confirm whether you are using a classic project or a next-gen project?

trev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2020

Great question - it's next gen. I don't know the difference, an admin set it up for the group but I do get the purple banner at login they says next gen so I'm confident in that. 

I hadn't thought to mention this and added it to my original question. 

Thanks! 

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2020

As far as I know, the classic project can be configured with the email notification, but the next generation project is temporarily unavailable.

It is a feature request for the Next-gen projects. You can vote for it here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17157

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events