Disable deleting partially processed messages

Iván Fuentes April 30, 2015

Please, I'd like to disable this functionality when creating issues from email in JIRA:

Deleting message '..........................' without processing 
in order to avoid creating duplicate issues/comments. This message
has already been partially processed, associated issue key: XXXX-XXX

because we must filter all emails that we receive from our customers. If they send an email with the same subject and attachment, but with another body, it's not filtered and it's affecting business.

I can't find this functionality in source code to disable it... Where is it?

Best regards,

Diego

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2015

I wouldn't change the code, I'd duplicate it and write a new "email handler" than can deal with duplicate messages in the way you need it to.

Thanks Nic. Please, where is it in order to duplicate it?

They're not exactly duplicated. It's appended text to another mail. Please, where is that email handler in order to duplicate it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2015

Sorry, I didn't mean duplicate the code, I meant mostly duplicate the behaviour. Have a look at https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/email/tutorial-custom-message-mail-handler-for-jira - that will get you a skeleton plugin that you can add your code into.

Suggest an answer