Disable Scriptrunner default values changed warning

Daniel R_ April 5, 2022

Hi,

I have been tasked with creating a behaviour that sets some fields with hardcoded values when creating a new issue in a specific proyect.

The behaviour is working correctly, however when editing an already existing issue a warning popup appears with the text: 

These fields have default values for this project and issue type combination. We have preserved the existing values in case you need them.

I am being asked to remove this popup. I understand why it appears but my organization does not want it appearing. How can I achieve this?

Thank you.

Regards.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2022

Hi @Daniel R_

If you want to disable the warning message manually, you need to use the Announcement Banner.

Below is the code that can be used to hide the warning dialog:-

<style type="text/css">
#aui-flag-container {
    display: none;
}
#announcement-banner {
    display: none;
}
</style>

Below is a print screen of the Announcement Banner configuration:-

announcement_banner_config.png

I hope this helps to answer your question. :)

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

Daniel R_ April 13, 2022

Hi,

thanks this worked perfectly. One question though, will this disable the announcement banner completely? And if so, which other messages do usually appear in this banner?

Thank you.

Regards.

Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2022

Hi @Daniel R_

Yes, it will disable the announcement banner completely to answer your question.

The usual type of messages that will appear are system error messages. For example, if you have issues with your database or some fault is detected in your instance.

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

Corey Leighton October 14, 2022

@Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_ What else will be disabled by blocking anything in aui-flag-container?  Are there other important items that may show up here that will be squashed as well?

There really should be a way to toggle scriptrunner creating these pop-ups rather than stomping the container system-wide.  This will end up causing far more confusion for our users than it resolves.

Suggest an answer