Disable Email Notification on Custom Fields on Issues

Alexander Casall January 7, 2014

Hi,

we've added a custom field on an Issue and we don't want to get an IssueChanged Event when the custom field is changed. Is it possible to suppress it?

Kind regards,

Alexander

2 answers

0 votes
David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2018

The way I've done it in the past is:

You edit the issueedited.vm template which is generally where most of the notifications come from. You put some logic in there that puts a flag/keyword into the subject line if the Edit operation resulted in the change of a field we want muted. If the change had a comment or included another field I didn't want to mute, then proceed as normal.

Next, just have your mail delivery software drop any emails containing your flag. In our case, postfix drops them if the subject line contains the flag.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2014

Hi Alexander,

I don't think this is possible using basic notifications and JIRA.

You might be able to do something with the Script runner plugin, for example : nobody gets notified through your notification scheme for the IssueChanged Event. But you create a Script Listener that will send an email to the correct people when this event is triggered and when the conditions are met (you could try to use these conditions to indicate wether or not to send the email).

I haven't tried it, but that's a solution you might look into.

The script runner plugin can be found here :

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer