Disable Customer visible Transition from Customer Portal

Madhu Reddy December 31, 2020

We have added 3 customer visible transitions for Service Management Project workflow.

I want to disable that 3 transitions after 5 days of Ticket closure.

We don't want our customers to go back to the old ticket and reopen it. If they face the same issue after few days we wanted them to create a new ticket instead of reopening the old ticket.

How to disable customer visible transitions from the Customer portal after 5 days of ticket closure.

See in the attached screenshots the ticket is closed and still the 3 transitions are available for customers.

Thanks in Advance. Reopen Transition.pngCustomer Visible Transitions.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2021

With JMWE, you can create a Scripted (Groovy) Condition on the transition, with the following script:

!issue.get("Closed on") || new Date() <= issue.get("Closed on") + 5

However, that also requires that you memorize the date the request was closed, in a "Closed on" Date/Time Picker custom field. For that, you need to create the field and use a Set Field Value Post-function on the Close transition with the following setting:

- field: Closed on

- value type: Groovy Expression

- value: 

new Date() 
Madhu Reddy January 14, 2021

@David Fischer Thanks a lot for your inputs, It worked for me. 

0 votes
Madhu Reddy January 16, 2021

Hi @David Fischer Could you help please us with the below linked requirement as well if you have an idea. Thanks in Advance. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Disable-comment-on-a-closed-issue-after-5days/mp/1581192#M12446%3Futm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mentions_comment&utm_content=topic

We would like to disable the comment option after 5 days of ticket closure. 

We are able to disable comment option using "jira.permission.comment.user" transition property. But we want to allow users to add comment up to 5 days of closure and then after we would like to disable comment option. 

Thanks

Madhu

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2021

Hi @Madhu Reddy ,

The link doesn't work. But anyway, I don't believe you can prevent customers from adding a comment only on specific issues. All you could do is send them an automated notification email telling them to open a new request instead. 

David

Madhu Reddy January 16, 2021

Hi @David Fischer We can disable comment option by adding property ( "jira.permission.comment.user" = Denied ) to the transition. So on the closed transition we can add the above property to disable comments. 

But my requirement is to disable comments 5 days after closing the ticket. ( Status = Closed AND resolved > 5d ). Then we have to disable comments. 

Hope my requirement is clear now. 

Thanks for your suggestions, Please have a look if there is any possible way to achieve my requirement. 

Madhu

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2021

@Madhu Reddy your requirements were pretty clear. But the jira.permission.comment.user property is a workflow step (which is the workflow equivalent of a Status) property, so it will apply to all issues in that step (status). You can't set that property at the issue level.

As I said, Jira doesn't support disabling comments at the issue level, and commenting an issue is not considered as a workflow transition and thus Workflow Conditions cannot be used either.

The only thing I can think of is using ScriptRunner Behaviors, assuming they work on the customer portal which you'd need to check with Adaptavist. 

And anyway, even that won't prevent customers from creating a comment by replying via email...

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2021

Hi @Madhu Reddy

you could try to set a validator/condition on the workflow which the criteria you need.
For a requirement like this we used Script Runner in the past using a JQL compare condition. If the issue is closed for longer than 7 days the transition will not be displayed.

Please also review:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/advanced-workflow-configuration-938847443.html

Regards,
Daniel

Madhu Reddy January 1, 2021

Hi @Daniel Ebers Thanks for the information. 

We don't have Script Runner addon. We have Automation for Jira and JMWE. 

Is there any possibility with those addons. 

Regards

Madhu

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2021

Ah okay, I see :-/
I'm pretty sure some users experienced with those two Apps read here also and will probably chime in.

Like Madhu Reddy likes this

Suggest an answer