Direct instrt into membershipbase table

Roman Roman April 9, 2014

Hi All, I need help with Jira 4.1, I neet to add an existing usergroup to jira user accounts (about 300). I try to do that via mysql db by simple request:

insert into membershipbase ('ID','USER_NAME','GROUP_NAME') values (21863,'tester','StaffSTART');

After commit I see the new record in membershipbase table, but I don't see this group in Jira User Browser window in tester's list.

Maybe I should insert any other table too?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2014

Right, the standard advice here is "do not use SQL to amend a Jira database".

If you absolutely must use SQL, then you need to understand it fully and have done some preparation. The main three things here are

1. Did you increment the sequence counter?

2. Did you take a full backup?

3. Did you have Jira shut down before you ran the SQL?

Roman Roman April 9, 2014

Yes, of couse, we have daily backup of db. In this case I did't shutdown Jira, it is just user groups:).

But I really forgot about sequence counter! Thanks. Can you say what sequence need I use?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2014

Doesn't matter if it's "just user groups", you need Jira shut down before you amend the database. It caches user information (as well as the sequence counters)

The sequence counter needs to be set to anything higher than the highest number you set for the ID.

Roman Roman April 10, 2014

Ok, Thank You.

Suggest an answer