Differnet Screens based on Workflow status

Aakash Roy October 31, 2019

I want to show a differnet screen base on workflow.

For example I have 2 screens Screen1 and Screen2  and 2 workflow status A and B . I want to display Screen1 when the ticket status is A and when I change the ticket status to B i want to display the fields present in screen2 for the same Issue Type.

2 answers

0 votes
Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2019

Hi Aakash,

You can only have 1 view screen, its not possible to change the view screen based on the status of the request.

Thank You Laurens for the help.

Is it possible if I can show/hide the fields in the view screen based on ticket status ?

Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2019

No, you can't dynamically change the view screen based on status.

Empty fields are not visible on the screens.

Why would you want to hide non empty fields based on status?

I had that requirement . For example , I need to show fill and Display the field "Action taken"  after the status of the ticket is changed to 'DONE' .

Anyways thanks for your help , I'll try and follow a different strategy on this.

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2019

For this you can try behaviour (scriptrunner addon).

Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2019

Aakash,

As Mohamed says you could try stuff with behaviors if you have the scriptrunner addon.

But for your requirement, you can just put action taken on the view screen and since it will only be populated on the transition to done it will only show after it is put on done because empty fields are not displayed

Sergio Montávez October 31, 2019

Hi Laurens, the fact that "Empty fields are not visible on the screens." is not true for my case, I'm actually seeing 3 fields that are empty (Single User field with no user specified) in the Screen of my issue type "Bug", and I only want them to appear once they're filled in (at a later Status).

0 votes
Sergio Montávez October 31, 2019

Hi Aakash, do you mean to show a Screen while the transition is happening or after the transition when the ticket is already in Status B and you just view the ticket modal (not the transition Screen).

I am able to show the screen B on transition. But after transition on the view page , still the Screen A is visible

Laurens Coppens October 31, 2019

Wrong account

Suggest an answer