Differentiate protected/non-protected comments?

Andrew Miller August 8, 2013

Can I customize protected comments (viewable by only certain groups) to have a different color font or background?

Here's the scenario: we have two groups Project Managers (who create the tickets) and Production Engineers (who perform the work). I was asked to create text boxes for feedback to be reviewed in a weekly meeting. To avoid tempers flaring, I was asked to make it so one group could not see the other groups comments (and vice versa).

I don't want to use an issue collector for two reasons.

1. For audit purposes, all relevant information needs to be included in the ticket.
  2. Porting the necesssary information over to the issue collector may be cumbersome and reduce the likelihood of feedback.

Is it possible to search for issues with protected comments? If not, I planned on placing a custom field checkbox at the bottom of each screen to denote which issues have comments. This, of course, would be searchable.

Any feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Andrew Miller August 12, 2013

Hi Timothy;

I like your idea of tabs. That was my initial idea until I realized the "Comment" field is the only text field with the ability to protect comments. Unfortunately, that field does not show up on the tabs.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2013

Can I customize protected comments (viewable by only certain groups) to have a different color font or background?

I think you're better off creating your own Comment Tab panel for this functionality.

Is it possible to search for issues with protected comments?

All comments are searachable if you have permission to the issue.

Suggest an answer