Differentiate protected/non-protected comments?

Can I customize protected comments (viewable by only certain groups) to have a different color font or background?

Here's the scenario: we have two groups Project Managers (who create the tickets) and Production Engineers (who perform the work). I was asked to create text boxes for feedback to be reviewed in a weekly meeting. To avoid tempers flaring, I was asked to make it so one group could not see the other groups comments (and vice versa).

I don't want to use an issue collector for two reasons.

1. For audit purposes, all relevant information needs to be included in the ticket.
  2. Porting the necesssary information over to the issue collector may be cumbersome and reduce the likelihood of feedback.

Is it possible to search for issues with protected comments? If not, I planned on placing a custom field checkbox at the bottom of each screen to denote which issues have comments. This, of course, would be searchable.

Any feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Timothy Chin Community Champion Aug 08, 2013

Can I customize protected comments (viewable by only certain groups) to have a different color font or background?

I think you're better off creating your own Comment Tab panel for this functionality.

Is it possible to search for issues with protected comments?

All comments are searachable if you have permission to the issue.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Timothy;

I like your idea of tabs. That was my initial idea until I realized the "Comment" field is the only text field with the ability to protect comments. Unfortunately, that field does not show up on the tabs.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

81 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you