Different resolution for project

Michal Crkon July 1, 2013

Hi guys,

Is it able to create different resolution for project? I would like to create something like scheme but i do not see the option for it. End user wants to use specific resolution which will be applied only for his project. I do not want to add it to the resolution( resolution view - add new resolution) as in this case overy one of the projects has this in resolution option and if I do one exception every one of the projects will want to add their resolution till the resolution list will have 100 rows :-). Is any chance to use resolution only for one project? Thanks, Miso

We are currently using version 5.2.10

4 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

you can use jira.field.resolution.include workflow properties at closed screen

check the following document

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+Properties

jira.field.resolution.include 1,2,3,4 ( Resolution IDs that you want to include)

3 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

There is, but it will take (potentially) a lot of work.

It is based off of workflow first off. It's a change to the properties of the transition when someone transitions it to one of the states that you want resolution to appear, you drill into that transition and use either a jira.field.resolution.include or jira.field.resolution.exclude value in the properties of the transition. You plug the numeric values of the transition into property value.

I say it can be a lot of work...because resolution is global. It doesn't have context of project or issue type that you can just associate with things. You'll need to manually do that (as described above). If you don't want that resolution to show up for everyone, you'll need to alter workflow appropriately.

Note...this doesn't stop someone from "editing" the issue and then choosing a value you don't want them to. The key there is to build the workflow so that folks can easily go through it to fix a resolution status.

Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2013

Agreed. Much like roles in JIRA, resolutions are global. Hence, it would be a bit tedious work to manually set resolutions for certain projects; but just like roles, it's worth the effort!

0 votes
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2013

Where are you locating the numeric values for the resolution IDs. I am using JIRA 4.1 with a soon upgrade to JIRA 6. I am just having some issue finding the numeric value of each resolution field.

allie ruby May 25, 2021

I found them as jira admin

1. settings > Issues
  2. Scroll down to resolution (left panel)
  3. Click Edit of the resolution
  4. The URL has the 'id=#####'
0 votes
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2013

Where are you locating the numeric values for the resolution IDs. I am using JIRA 4.1 with a soon upgrade to JIRA 6. I am just having some issue finding the numeric value of each resolution field.

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2013

You can either query the back end and get the values by looking at the resolution table, or in the app when you go to the Resolution screen under Admin and hover over the "edit" button, you'll see the ID in the string of the hover url.

Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2013

Finally figured this out. Not as difficult as I was making.

Suggest an answer