Different permissions for different user types

Or Go October 3, 2019

Hi all,

Is there a way I can give different viewing permissions for different user types?

For example, on a "Status" field I'd like to see all of the different project status options as a project manager, but I want the developers only to see the status options that are related to them.

Is this thing possible?

Thanks in advance 

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2019

Hi @Or Go

For Status, you can do this to an extent. You'll need to be a Site Admin and follow these steps:

• Go to Jira Settings (cog icon in lower-left corner)
  • Select Issues > Workflows
  • Locate the Workflow you wish to apply these limits to and choose to edit it
  • Select a transition you want to limit. This could be a single transition (from one status to another) or an "all" transition (the ability to transition to this status from any other)
  • In the pop-up, select conditions
  • Press Add Condition
  • Select a relevant Condition - such as "Users in Project Role"
  • Build up conditions across a workflow to limit who can transition issues to different status - in effect, restricting access to these statuses to other roles

^ This is a specific example; other fields (such as FixVersion or Components) wouldn't be as simple. Field-based permissions aren't a standard feature of Jira - you'd need to consider either:

• Trying to find an application which can assist you with this from the Atlassian Marketplace
  • Whether scripting could assist you with this using an app such as ScriptRunner

Ste

Suggest an answer