Different notifications for customers and team members

Brody Painter April 23, 2018

We are currently using Jira Service Desk to handle Technical Support, however I am having issues getting the correct notifications to the correct users. We are using Jira Email This Issue, but I am seeing the reporter always added as a watcher, which seems to make it impossible to designate some notifications to stay internal and some to be sent to the customer. Does anyone have any tips on how to set this up?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Schuyler Bishop April 23, 2018

Hey Brody, 

In our JSD we have the Watcher field configured so that it cannot be viewed from the customer portal, only from the internal PoV. We also have our Permission Scheme configured so that only Admins (global) and Service Desk Team (role) can manage and view the Watcher field. This is set under "Voters & Watchers Permissions" in the permission scheme. This eliminates the possibility of a Reporter accidentally being added as a watcher, or being added as a watcher without your consent (assuming your team is on the same page and knows not to add Reporters as Watchers).  

Hope this answers your question.

Schuyler

Brody Painter April 23, 2018

Thanks for the reply Schuyler. Are you using JSD's default notifications and mail handler?

Schuyler Bishop April 23, 2018

We are using the default notification scheme and our Customer notifications are standard as well. We don't have anything special set up in the mail handler for this either, so yes I guess you could say that is default. 

Also we are on JSD 3.11.0 and Jira Software 7.8.0

Let me know if you have any further questions. I have been admin'ing our JSD / Jira instance for a couple of years now so I can hopefully help out.

Schuyler

Suggest an answer