I have a JIRA 6.3.4 installed on a Windows server 2008 (test environment) where location and languages are all set to Italian. Onlt "display language" is english. Also date and currency format are ok.
Another JIRA 6.3.4 in installed locally (development environment) on a Windows 7 PC with all i18n settings set to italian.
The mysql database of both the JIRA installation is the same (don't flame me for using the same mysql DB, it's just a little test we are doing )
On the test environment we have the default language set to English and on the development environment it's set to Italian.
Why this happens ? I have no further i18n packages installed since I don't need the translation of all the menu items in JIRA. But these different settings are giving to me problems with dates.
I have the following line in a date picker jsp
Locale locale = ComponentManager.getInstance().getJiraAuthenticationContext().getI18nHelper().getLocale();
and this is causing to me problems with months name and date format checks.
Since I am using the same database, this means that the language setting is stored somewhere in the JIRA installation.
Where can I change this info so that I can have the italian language installed also on the test machine ?
I hope I've been clear in my question.
Thanks in advance
I solved this problem but with two steps and I really don't know if one of them is really necessary.
On the Windows Server machine (tah was giving to me the date picker with english month names)
I changed the registry
value from 409 (english) to 410 (italian) and then I reinstalled my JIRA bundle (it's installed as a service)
As described here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd318123%28VS.85%29.aspx there is "the language identifier for the system default UI language of the operating system, also known as the "install language" on Windows Vista and later"
I added to the start service parameters the
changing the JVM languages and now all is working well. The date pickers are giving to me italian formatted dates and the default language in JIRA is now italian, without any italian language pack installed.
I'm really not sure if the 1st step is really needed: I just noted the difference in this registry on my 2 machines.
For sure, if I don't add the step 2 I have again the english as JIRA default language.
On my development machine I had no need to do the step 2 and the registry mentioned in step one was set to 410 (it) since the windows installation.
I hope I've been clear in my description here.
I'd like to know how the JIRA installation check the locale language during its installation.
I'm not sure if you had the chance to have a look in our Translations in our website:
You can download a Italian package.
Also, for users, JIRA will try to pick up the user's favorite language/the language that is set in the browser.
Thanks William, but if I install that package I have all JIRA translated into my language and I don't need this.
In both the installations there are no packages installed except the bindle JIRA 6.3.4
But only in one of them I have the Italian language set as default. Why ? And where can I to modify this ?
I already checked that link. In my development environment there is the italian language installed as default language and the installation process made the choice. On the test environment the default language is english and there is no italian language appearing in the choice list.
I have no JIRA-6.3.4a-language-pack-it_IT.jar installed neither on the development nor on the test server.
I cannot explain why I have differents default languages and where this info is stored.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot