Different Resolution status for each project

Thyagaraj Gopalakrishna November 19, 2019

Is it possible to have different resolution status values for each project?. I know how to add Resolve Issue screen to the Workflow, but we have the Resolution status as show in the screenshot which is global/common for all the projects. Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 10.05.22 PM.png

I'm trying to add different resolution status as shown below besides the one in the screenshot to Resolve issue screen but only for specific project. Is it possible?

Rejected
User error
Duplicate

Any help is appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2019

Use workflow properties

Limiting resolution options

Use the jira.field.resolution.include workflow property

for exampl jira.field.resolution.include =1,2,3  where 1,2,3 are the resolution ids

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html

Thyagaraj Gopalakrishna November 20, 2019

Thanks a lot!. This did the trick. It worked!

jennifer smith January 15, 2020

I have a list of resolutions of which only 3 of them apply to a particular project.  When the issue is closed the resolution screen pops up with the list of resolutions, but I am unable to limit them to just the (3) I want to see for this project.

I used the workflow property key/value for the closed state

jira.field.resolution.include  1,2,3

But this did not limit the options shown in the resolution screen.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.

I also tried excluding 4,5,6,7

My Bad, I assume the resolutions were numbered 1,2,... etc.

You actually need to edit the resolution and get the real number from the URL.

i.e 10002

What is important is that you set the property on the transition, not the state.

Suggest an answer