It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Difference between Jira 6 and 7

I would like to upgrade from Jira 6.3 to Jira 7.12. My Jira 6.3 has following Add-Ons: FishEye,
Crucible, JIRA Software, Checklist for Jira, JIRA Agile, JIRA Calender, JIRA Charting, JIRA Suite Utilities, JIRA Toolkit.

Could one tell me, which of These Add-Ons are freely included in Jira 7.12 so that I know whether I have to purchase separate License separately?

Perhaps there is a link, where I can find the differences between the versions.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh Community Leader Oct 23, 2019

Hi @Dr. Kizito Ssamula Mukasa 

1. FishEye: This I believe is now a product rather than an add-on and it is not free. See here.
  2. Crucible: Same as fisheye, see here.
  3. Checklist for JIRA - not free, see here.
  4. JIRA Agile is now JIRA software and I would recommend just buying a JIRA Software license since this comes with the standard JIRA as well bundled.
  5. JIRA Calendar: Free, see here.
  6. JIRA Charting: Free, see here.
  7. Jira Suite Utilities: No longer free.
  8. JIRA Toolkit: Free.

How to confirm in future if an add-on is free or not, read Atlassian website, they mostly define this for add-ons that became applications(Agile = Software, Service Desk = Service Desk). Read the upgrade guides atlassian put out(Doubly important you read this before you attempt your upgrade as there were a lot of changes).

Lastly for add-on go to Marketplace.atlassian.com and this should tell you if an add-on is free or not when you open the add-on's page.

Cheers.

Thanks for this Information. I will visit the links.

Cheers :-)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

303 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you