It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Devide information into issue fields from emails Edited

Hello!

I am currently trying to automate a registration process for an internal event.
The registrations are coming via e-mail in this format:

E-Mail: (insert value)
Salutation: (insert value)
Academic Title: (insert value)
Prename: (insert value)
Last name: (insert value)
Company: (insert value)

I've set up a mail handler and my Jira project is configured that each field in the form exists as a field for my Jira issue. But right now, the handler only transfers issues into that project with the e-mail title, the content of the mail is completely gone.

Is there a possibility to pump each line from the e-mail into the corresponding fields of my field configuration?

Thank you very much.

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Dana Gessler

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Per your description, it seems you want the text added in the e-mail body to be added to the respective fields in the Jira issue when sending the e-mail to the configured e-mail handler. Is that correct?

Unfortunately, the e-mail handlers provided by JIRA Software and Jira Service Desk does not have the functionality to set extra fields to issues. Through e-mail, you can only set the reporter, Request participants (Watchers), summary and description.

We have the following feature request to improve the e-mail handlers to accept additional fields:

Customize mail handler to use specific fields value extracted from the e-mail 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a workaround, there are some apps that provide you with a handler that you can use to add additional fields when creating an issue through e-mail, like:

Enterprise Mail Handler for Jira 

Email This Issue 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you