Deleting user

Вера August 30, 2022

Hi

We've been downgraded to a free plan that includes only 10 users.

The support says that there is 11 users in our account. Can you please help me remove 1 user? Where can I do this?

1. I've tried the project settings, but there is only 8 users (https://teamdko.atlassian.net/jira/software/projects/DKO/settings/access)

1 - project settings.png2. None of the project users don't have an access to the admin hub although all of us have admin role (https://teamdko.atlassian.net/admin)2 - admin hub.PNG

So. how can I delete a user?

1 answer

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

Hi @Вера , and welcome to the community! :)

Do you know who has the "organization admin" role in your team and for your site and can access the user management on admin.atlassian.net? Because from there, you can easily suspend access for users (removing them from all product roles/groups) and even permanently remove users. There are different levels of administration, like project administrator and product administration, but you need to be an organization admin to manage users and their product access.

suspend_access.png

Best, Max

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

Just to explain a bit more - licences are consumed by site users, not project users, hence the need to talk to your organisation admin - you need to suspend users from product access, which is a site admin function.

Also, we recommend just suspending or reminvg their access.  Deleted users make a bit of a mess of your history, whereas suspended users keep it all simple (and cost you nothing)

Вера August 30, 2022

The problem is that we don't know :)))

It used to be one user, but he left the project and passed the rights to someone else... How can I find out?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

You'll need to find out who they passed site admin on to.  There's no way we can know!

There may be one trick - you (and your team) could all try going to my.atlassian.com - this gives you a list of all the Atlassian products you are named as the technical or billing owner on - if one of you is named there, then it's quite likely that you are a site admin.

If no-one is named, then alll we can do is ask Atlassian who is named.  I know you can't raise a support request, but if you name your atlassian site here, we can ask an Atlassian to have a look at who the named contacts are, and let you know (they can look up your email address directly from your Atlassian account here, so there's no need to post it here and ask for spam...)

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Вера August 30, 2022

The control is supposed to be here, right? We're gonna check for every user :)

groups.png

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

Yes, in the "Users" tab! :) 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

Yep, that's site admin.  Go up inthe the "Users" section, don't worry about groups for now, all you need is the list and the ... to the right of each one where you can suspend their access.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events