• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Deleting one filter at a time with the slow response of the system does not scale to 500+ filters. how do I delete multiple filters at a time?

Deleting one filter at a time with the slow response of the system does not scale to 500+ filters. how do I delete multiple filters at a time?

Gerard Cattin August 9, 2016

Thiis question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing shared filters

How do I delete multiple filters at one time? I have over 500 filters that I created over time, and to clean up the ones I don't use anymore means deleting them one at a time, which would takes hours and days. Is there a way to specify a list of filters that can be deleted in a bulk fashion?

I am using the cloud hosted version of the system.

-Gerard Cattin

1 answer

0 votes
Jeff
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2016

If you are doing a large operation to remove filters, I would strongly recommend that you investigate using the API.

There is documentation here on the REST API which is available to work with saved user filters: https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/cloud/#api/2/filter

This will allow you to very quickly cycle through your filters and delete the ones you no longer need.

Suggest an answer