Deleting multiple filters

vishuvaidyanathan March 28, 2018

I can see how I can delete one filter at a time (takes a while). But how do we multi-select and delete multiple filters owned by me at the same time?

4 answers

5 votes
Martin Heini November 24, 2020

I do bulk delete of filters and dashboards on this way: create a temporary user (I'll call him 'trash user'), change owner of all the dashboards and filters to delete with Script Runner App (use the feature 'Change dashboard or filter ownership' and change to 'trash user' - a very quick way!). Finally, you just have to delete 'trash user'.

5 votes
Christine Diamond May 15, 2019

If you still want to see the ability to delete filters in bulk, vote for the JIRA Feature Request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-68433.

3 votes
Richard Price December 17, 2018

all very well, but after using JIRA for several years you end up with a mess of filters... 

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2018

You cannot select and delete multiple filters, the closest you get is the Shared Filters under System Administration if you have admin permissions. If you are on Jira Server, one possibility would be to remove them directly from the ''searchrequest'' table in database. Just note that this is unsupported and you should backup your database before making any changes to it. 

Nelson Abbey May 17, 2021

Why is there no functionality for post migration clean-up?  I migrated to a new site for 90 users, the import brought 4000 users, 1000 filters, myriad of other garbage and no bulk admin tools? Whats the point? 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer