It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Deleting Multiple attachments from JIRA

Would it be possible to add a feature that allows the user to delete multiple attachments in one go through the 'Manage Attachments' feature?

We regularly update a JIRA issue by sending emails to it (great feature!) and are finding that our issues are getting cluttered with email signature logos. Deleting each logo individually results in a notification emails being repeatedly sent to viewers which is causing a lot of frustrations.

Alternatively (or in addition), the issue could be resolved by configuring JIRA not to attach any email attachments to an issue which would necessitate the user to manually attach the file if required.

Both approaches have a pros and cons and might be useful depending on how the system is being used.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pedro Cora Atlassian Team Oct 26, 2014

Hi Francois,

There's an improvement request for this already. It's filed at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-22180.

smile

-- Pedro

Hello, community.

You can try our add-on Smart Attachments. It allows you to delete a group of attachments at once and has many more features. You can download it from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.stiltsoft.jira.smart-attachments.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Vadim Rutkevich

Since the bulk deletion issue is open since 2006 and no end in sight, and I had to delete 200 attachments, I did the following:

1. Open browser developer console
  2. Paste:

3. while (true) { $('.attachment-delete a').first().click(); await new Promise(resolve => setTimeout(resolve, 3000));}
  4. Press enter
  5. Click on the confirmation button. Wait 3 seconds. Click on the next confirmation button.

Thanks, that was helpful for my 80+ that attached themselves I swear without me doing it.

OK Thanks Pedro,

I am now watching issue JRA-22180 so happy to mark this as answered, although it looks like JRA-22180 has been around for a while.

Hi Francois!

Please try Delete Bulk Attachments for Jira. No need to wait for request completion. The app is completely free. You can get more bulk operations in Smart Attachments for Jira.

Thanks.

Sincerely, Vadim

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

376 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you