Deleting Labels from a Project

Diane Arsenault August 6, 2012

New admin here. When an issue is created in an already established project there are many labels that appear in the suggestion list. That is fine for that project. A new project that I just created has the same autopopulating labels. The project lead wants me to clear these out. There has to be a way, even though my gut is telling me those are global labels that I can't alter because they are appearing across many projects. Your advice is appreciated!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2012

Yup, a label is a global thing, it doesn't really care about the project. There's no way to "clear them out" - Jira is suggesting them based on previously entered data in other projects. Basically your gut instincts are spot on!

0 votes
Rp Subhub
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

You may want to consider adding a custom field of type Labels and then using this field in the project instead of built-in Labels field.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2012

There is a single label table in your database just displaying the label, the field ID and the issue ID. No reference to a project...

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2012

Hi Diane,

as far as I know, there's no way to manage these labels. You can add a label and remove a label from an issue. That's all.

Cheers

Thomas

Suggest an answer