Delete board on new JIRA UI

Arthur Kerpician August 19, 2017

Is there a way to delete boards on the new JIRA UI? You can create and configure boards, but no delete button.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

97 votes
Answer accepted
Arthur Kerpician August 19, 2017

Run into it by accident... you need to click the search icon on the left sidebar and then click "View all boards". In the board list you can click on the menu button (3 dots) corresponding to your board. There's a delete button.

I don't get why there's no delete option right on the board page, in the same menu with "Edit"...

Lee Tice September 1, 2017

THANK YOU!!!

Like # people like this
Zach Gilliam September 19, 2017

Ah, yes! Thank you

Justin McCammon October 2, 2017

Thank you! Why it's not in the rest of the board settings and why the "All Boards" screen isn't accessible from any other place (not even, uh, settings which would seem like a natural home) we'll never know. 

Like # people like this
Ash Marriott October 23, 2017

Agree with the above, very very hard to find this option.

Like afsoon shirazi likes this
Oliver Hernández November 4, 2017

Same here, I think because on the "old" ui was a main element on the menu. now Is like hidden on the search section.

Matt December 21, 2017

Thanks for that!

Leonardo Farias Galvão January 9, 2018

Thank You! Usability of JIRA is terrible.

Like # people like this
isasawat January 10, 2018

Thank you!

Timothy Lee February 24, 2018

Awesome, thank you

PTorrSmithMSD February 28, 2018

Yep, a pretty stupid UI "enhancement", along with many other main elements that now are hidden, or only accessible from the main Jira Home > Settings.  #PoorIA.

Like # people like this
Chowdhury Raiyeem Farhan March 13, 2018

Thanks AK. Atlassian should take it into note to make the list of board more visible in UI.

Jim Baker May 11, 2018

Whew, thanks!

The Tool Guy May 24, 2018

thank you!

James Schaefer May 25, 2018

Another thanks... New UI is a bit of a pain for some stuff like this... should be able to get to all of this in application management/configuration easily.

Martin Ivison June 29, 2018

Thanks! (UX folks, please take note)

Mark Thomas July 31, 2018

I'm not sure if there has been a change recently but in 7.10 it is in the main menu: Boards -> All Boards then under ... is a delete option.

Arthur Kerpician August 1, 2018

Yes @Mark Thomas, it's a shortcut that leads to the same board listing (All Boards). Still, there's not delete action in the board menu.

Like Mz Jezebel likes this
Joseph Gordon January 31, 2019

If I delete a board, will it impact the backlog of other boards in the same project?

Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2019

Hi @Joseph Gordon ,

No, it will not impact other boards.

By the way I'm closing this old thread. Next time, please, if somebody wants to continue the discussion create new question: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true/interaction-style/qanda?add-tags=jira