Delete Sprint

Ricky Arora September 11, 2013

I am new to JIRA and Agile Using JIRA Agile v6.3.0.2. We just started using JIRA Agile.

We already use JIRA. Here's what I did-

1. Created a new Board and used an existing filter to pull in the Product backlog

2. Then to test things out, I created a dummy Sprint and assigned few issues to play around

3. I "Completed" this dummy Sprint to check out reporting.

4. After that, I wanted to deleted this dummy Sprint, but can't seem to find a way to do that.

5. I went ahead and deleted the board alltogether and create the new one. But I still see the

reminiscent of this dummy

Sprint against the issues (that were part of this dummy sprint)

Is there a way to delete the Sprint? If not, is there a way around this issue? I dont want to confuse

the users.

Appreciate any help i can get.

Thanks,

Ricky

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013
Ricky Arora September 11, 2013

Thanks Abdoulaye. Appreciate your help. This fixed it -

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/How+to+remove+Sprints+on+Rapid+Board

O. Funkhouser April 11, 2014

This solution doesn't work in Agile v6.3.11 anymore. When editing a Sprint field, the number is no longer displayed but instead a drop-down list of only open and future sprints. :(

0 votes
Alex Browne June 29, 2016

I found a solution to this that worked for me - not sure if it will work in all cases.

I reopened the closed sprint I wanted to delete, removed all the issues from it (edit issue, clear the sprint field). It suddenly disappeared and is no longer visible in any reporting or on the Backlog page.

Not sure if a perfect solution but fitted my needs.

Suggest an answer