Default priority not used when editing issue

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

We have recently changed our workflows and fields schemes. With this change we are using the default JIRA Priority field (we didn't use this before).

We have 3 priorities (High, Normal, Low) for which the default is set to Normal.

When creating a new issue this works fine. The priority is set to the default value.

But, when editing an issue that didn't have a priority set then the priority by default changes to High since that is the first priority in our list.

To solve this I've changed the priority order to Normal, High, Low and now it works fine... but I was wondering if there is anyway I can get the default priority selected when editing the issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!
Jacques

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2013

Keep the priority field in the create screen, so that it always gets the detault value. Keep it simple.

Suggest an answer