Default issue Type Is not Working

Madhu Mullangi January 3, 2019

I have added a Default Issue Type[Bug] for my Project.

For the first time It worked fine.

And after "Bug" I have used another Issue type[Task]..

Then for the next time Default Issue Type is Not Working, It is taking the previous Used Issue type[Task]. 

I always want to show my Issue Type as "Bug", In case of any changes team will change issue Type manually . But By Default It must show "Bug".

Thanks in Advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

The default only applies when a user has not created an issue before or their settings have been cleared.  If they've used it before, then the system is designed to remember what they used last.

Means Default Issue type Option works only for the first time ??

For the next time it is Useless !!!

Like Marcos Rivoira likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

Yes.  That's what defaults are for.  Most users, when creating a series of issues, will be working on a set of similar things, and want to create the same thing, not have to change it every time.

Ok, Thank You @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

4 votes
Dwight Holman
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2019

Yes I know this is already answered. For the benefit of others following this trail of crumbs, I suggest you take a look at the latest (?) request/suggestion to address this user request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-65439

If you want to see this resolved you could vote for this one.

Suggest an answer