Default assignee

Daryna Verkhola June 20, 2019

Hi! I have an issue with "Default assignee". In the first step in workflow, I set post function "Assign the issue to the reporter". It works well if I didn't choose assignee. But If I choose particular assignee, I don't want this issue to be assigned to a reporter. Can I fix it?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2019

I would consider an addon like Automation for Jira. Using this you can conditionally (if unassigned) set it to the reporter. The thing I like about this addon is the flexibility to do so many more automation tasks. Two other great options are Scriptrunner and Power Scripts (swiss army knives for Jira).

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2019

I also endorse Automation for Jira. I don't know why I didn't think of it at first :P

Daryna Verkhola June 24, 2019

Thanks, I will try)

Lucky Jora
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 14, 2019

I need to find where i can change the default assignee to a particular email. where can i go on attlassian

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2019

I understand what you are looking to achieve but I'm not sure vanilla Jira provides with this option becasuse if you set a post function it just executes on transition, no "IF" is considered.

There's a plugin that I know of, for Jira SERVER, called Workflow Enhancer or something like that and with it you can add a "Universal Post Function", wich is a post function that only executes if a user defined boolean expression returns a given value.

I can only tell you to check if that plugin is availiable for jira cloud aswell, since I can see that cloud tag in your question.

Hope it helps.

Daryna Verkhola June 24, 2019

Thanks for you answer)

Like Iago Docando likes this

Suggest an answer