Default Issue Resolution is not one I set as default

Mia Rucevic March 11, 2016

I'm trying to change default resolution of an issue. But one that is not even available is being set as default.
I recently had "Unresolved" resolution added to my list of resolutions and it was always the default one when creating issue.

Now I changed it to be "Open" and I have it as default. But all new issues I open keep on defaulting to the old resolution "Unresolved", that doesn't even exist in the list of Resolutions.

Am I missing something? 

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2016

ARGH!  NO!  You must NEVER add a resolution of "unresolved" to the list of possible options.  It breaks your data, quite spectacularly.

Ok, that's a bit of a quick over-reaction, as the rest of your question suggests that it might not be what you have done, but you really must check this before you go any further.

Go to Admin -> Issues -> Resolutions, and read the current list.  If there are any lines on the list that say "Unresolved", "open", "new" or anything else that suggests "this is not a resolved issue", rename them to "do not use this" or something that clearly shows that it should not be used.

Can you check that first, and then tell us what the situation is?

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2016

Unresolved is not a resolution type, it simply informs you that the issue does not have a set resolution.

You cannot remove the Unresolved resolution.

On your resolve issue screen, make sure to add the field resolution, so users can set the appropriate resolution type at the time of resolution.

Rahul

Mia Rucevic March 11, 2016

Thank you Rahul for the response!

I do have field Resolution visible and editable in the issue screen and I can manually change the resolution.
But I would like it to be set on "Open" by default, so I don't have to do these manual steps by setting the appropriate resolution.

Any way I can se the resolution on the issue, instead of seeing this "Unresolved" type? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2016

You need to remove the resolution from the edit screen immediately, it is breaking your data.

Could you please check your setup of the field as well - what is the list of resolutions and do you have "unresolved" on the list?

Mia Rucevic March 14, 2016

You are right, I had "Unresolved" on the list. I removed it and only Resolution statuses are on the list now. Hopefully this will resolve the problem where I had issues marked as Resolved although they were still Opened. Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2016

You may find that existing issues were moved from one resolution to another.  They may still be wrong - to fix that, you need to push them through a transition that removes the resolution completely (post-function to "set resolution to <none>" or "clear the resolution"), or you could use something like the script-runner add on to do it (there's a built-in script for that)

Without the broken resolution though, you should find that no more incorrect resolutions are being set, which is good.

Mia Rucevic March 14, 2016

Great! I fixed it now with setting the resolution to <none> through post-function. Thank you for your help and advices!

Suggest an answer