Deduct Blocked status time from Leadtime

Maruthu Kathiresan October 18, 2019

I created a new status in JIRA named 'Blocked' and some of the tasks were kept in that status, but when generated Lead Time report, it's including the time on that 'Blocked' state as well, actually need to have time excluded from my Leadtime.

I am not sure, if I have to create 'Block' status in any specific way to achieve this. Our Workflow is as below:

To Do -> In Progress -> Blocked -> If unblocked -> In Progress -> done.

Kindly help.

2 answers

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 31, 2020

Hi @Maruthu Kathiresan 

You can try the build-in solution Control Chart to get lead time.

But if you want pause time calculations you can try the free trial version of Time between statuses. This add-on will show you the Lead and Cycle time report after the configurated start, pause and stop statuses.
There are you can customize what kind of transition is interesting for you: "first" or the "last" transition, "to" or "from" the status. Also, you can set the visual color tagging on the issues where the time limits have been exceeded.2020-01-31_10-59-00.png

I hope, this add-on will be a great solution for you.

Maruthu Kathiresan February 1, 2020

Thanks @Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_ , let me try Control chart, as my employer will not be able to buy any paid solution.

0 votes
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 21, 2019

Hello Maruthu,

If you are interested in a ready-to-go solution, our team at OBSS created Time in Status app for this exact need. It is available for Jira Cloud, Server and Data Center.

Using Time in Status you can report how much time each issue spent on each status, each assignee or even each user group. (useful for calculating lead/cycle times and identifying bottlenecks in your process). You can also see the number of times each status or transition was used (very useful for inspecting things like reopen counts). You can also list the status entry/exit dates.

You can produce reports based on the default 24/7 calendar or define your own business calendars with custom workdays and working hours. 

All data can be exported as XLS, XLSX, CSV so you can calculate the sum of any group of columns you need.

Emre Toptancı

OBSS

Emre Toptancı -OBSS-

Maruthu Kathiresan November 2, 2019

Hello Emre,

Thanks for your response, but at the moment we will not be able to buy anything because of project budget constraints.

Best regards,

Maruthu.

Suggest an answer