Dataplane Reports Domain Axis dates

Adam George March 24, 2021

I am trying to create a report that shows the number of issues weekly, this is simple enough in JIRA using Dataplane but I am having a nightmare with the dates on the domain axis.

We do our reporting every Thursday, we need to show the data as it was on the Thursday but no matter what I try Dataplane defaults to the Monday and I cannot see how to change this.

I am guessing it must be linked to the week settings in JIRA which I can't change as it will affect multiple projects which don't have a Thursday reporting requirement.

If there anyway using customize to set it so that it starts on a Thursday and not a Monday? If not this add on is useless to us and we may need to look for another.

1 answer

0 votes
David Goldstein
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2021

I understand what you're looking for. Unfortunately Dataplane does not currently have the ability to configure an arbitrary starting day-of-week for reports.

The way weekly reporting is currently implemented in Dataplane, the starting day of the week will either be Sunday or Monday depending on the global locale setting for the Jira instance. There isn't any way now to change a global setting in Jira in order to set Dataplane's start-of-week to Thursday.

We have an existing internal feature request for this though, and I added a vote to that on your behalf so the feature can be considered for a future release. If it does get implemented, we'll let you know by email.

Please contact us @ Arsenale Support with any followup questions.

David
Arsenale Dataplane Support

p.s. Some good resources from our online documentation: 

Eric Roblin April 25, 2023

Hi,
Something new on this feature request 2 years after ?

I just changed my Jira's configuration to Use ISO8601 standard in Date Picker but nothing better in Dataplane's report.

Suggest an answer