Databases for different atlassian applications

I need to install all the atlassian applications with mysql database, JIRA , stash, confluence and bamboo.

can i have one mysql server all the apps together?

If yes,

should we have a single atlassian DB with separate schemas for individual application?

or

should we have a separate DB for each application?

Kindly let me know the good and efficient way of the same.

Thanks in advance.

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Either will work fine.  The only things you need to consider are load (can your database server handle all of those database schema in one server?  If one application is doing something huge like an upgrade, is that going to affect the others?) and the fact that if you need to do maintenance on the database server, you'll take all of your apps down.

In the real world, I've used both setups a lot and really, there's nothing to worry about on top of the obvious stuff I've mentioned above.

In our case, we have one database (oracle) with separate schema for each application. Atlassian product does not store much on Database (unlike HP QC). But you should estimate the load before any decision.

As pointed by Nic, maintenance on DB server would affect all hosted applications.

Thanks,

Anurag

Thanks Nic and Anurag,

What does the Atlassian recommend for this condition ?

They would recommend doing whatever your DBAs would prefer to support.

I recommend you to have separate DB for each application since it will be easier to maintain and support Atlassian applications and databases.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

576 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you