Data not saving in table in Jira task ticket

Erica Camfferman July 12, 2021

We have a task ticket in Jira and recently added a table in the Description area for multiple users to update. However, one users describes difficulty in getting information to save. When she edits the table and presses save, the data does not end up getting saved in the table. It sometimes takes her 3 attempts to get the data successfully saved in the table.

Can anyone recommend suggestions or tips on how to prevent this from happening? So far, it only appears to be one user having this issue, on a repeated basis. The other 3 users have not noticed this happening yet.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2021

Hi @Erica Camfferman

just an additional question if I may (not directly a helpful hint, please accept my apologies) - is the Jira instance a Cloud based one or a self-hosted one?

You can distinct them by looking at the URL in the browser - for example:
- someexample.atlassian.net is always a Cloud one
- jira.mycompany.tld is always a Server based one

I am just asking because recently I had an effect like it on a Server based Jira but the error went away that quickly (after a Browser restart on user's end) so we were not even able to take a screenshot - in case you are also on Jira Server maybe there is some correlation to a specific version (just a wild guess, though).

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Have you observed this yourself? What browser is she using? Reproducible in other browsers?

Erica Camfferman July 12, 2021

Thanks, I'll get her to share her screen next time she does it to observe.
Is there a recommended browser for Jira? I was just curious if there are best practices when modifying tables (especially when multiple people are editing it)? Like I'm wondering what happens if 2 people try to modify it at the same time?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

There is it a recommended browser necessarily but certainly I've seen browser interop issues in the past so it is one of my favorite things to rule out when I see oddities like this. If you can find a way to make this repeatable I'm sure that it Atlassian would appreciate seeing this first hand and as such I would open a ticket and have them take a look at it.

Suggest an answer