Dashboard with Agile wallboard gadget not showing assignee is first swimlane

Carolyn Achtermeier January 5, 2021

We have created a dashboard and we are using agile wallboard gadget.  The agile wallboard is not showing the first label for the assignee(swimlanes based on assignee). Also I cannot hide/unhide the issues for the first swimlane assignee.

Dashboard - 1st swimlane assignee.PNG 

In this case there are 3 assignees.  the second and third assignee are showing correctly. 

Dashboard - 2nd - 3rd swimlane assignee.png

When I look at the board on it's own, the first assignee is showing correctly (as well as the others).  

Kanban board - assignees .png

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

@Carolyn Achtermeier  - It is by design. The first one will always show. Here's a tip I use. Go to board settings and put unassigned issues for the swim lane to the top...that way all the users swim lane will be collapsable.

Hope this helps.

Mary Olson Fajimi June 2, 2021

That's an awful design flaw. 

I have my swimlanes by Story. So the first story (and status) are missing, but the subtasks appear. Any chance we can get that added in?

My use case is that we do pair programming, so I cannot effectively run a standup from the traditional Active Sprint screen. I have solved for this with quick filters and have to run through each individual on my team separately (querying for each individual's hardcoded ID in either the Assignee or custom Additional Assignees fields). So I can do this from the Active Sprint screen. However, when dev is complete for the active sprint and we are wrapping up testing and prepping for deployment, developers may "headstart" a next-sprint item, so I can't add those to the Active Sprint screen. I have instead created a dashboard with the Wallboard gadget and another gadget with a filtered list for each individual for This Sprint (wallboard), Next Sprint (filtered list) components that we can scroll through for each team member without having to toggle on/off the individual quick filters.

Hope you can see in this scenario how the Wallboard gadget is really flawed without that first swimlane detail and functionality at the top. 

Suggest an answer