Dashboard two-dimension filter to only show active sprint ober multiple projects

Matthias Nickel October 7, 2020

On my dashboard, I want a simple chart to show me the current status of the active sprint in multiple projects. 

If I create a JQL filter with sprint in openSprints(), I will get all active sprints, but also the closed sprints if an issue couldn't be closed in that one and moved the active sprint. 

How can I only see the open sprints. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthias Nickel October 21, 2020

Sprint is not EMPTY AND status != done AND Sprint not in futureSprints()

Gives all issues. Actually quite easy. 

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2020

If you are trying to find all issues in active sprints the this JQL should give you that - Sprint in openSprints()

now keep in mind that if any of the issues in an active sprint were in previous sprints and unfinished in those now closed sprints they will still show in the opensprints() results.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2020

@Matthias Nickel does this not give you what you need? If not please explain your goals further. Please provide the filter you are using.

I want to have a simple overview over all ongoing Sprints on the dashboard. I have multiple projects in parallel, which have all the same sprint window. 

If I use the JQL opensprints(), i get the result like you mentioned. If I use "not in closedsprints()", it doesn't show all active issues. 

This is suposed to be a management overview, so I have to keep it simple. 

Jan Denny May 2, 2022

I'm guessing the problem here is the widget being used. Whenever I use the two-dimensional widget with Sprint as one of the dimensions, the widget lists all sprints that each issue was in - regardless of the filter criteria.

I suspect the only fix would be an option in the two-dimensional widget to include only the most recent (current or future) sprint.

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2020

@Matthias Nickel  , 

Does  "issue not in closedsprints() and issue in openSprints()" help?

Sadly, that doesn't work. It filters all issues, which started in the previous sprint. So I don't see the anymore. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events