Customizing service desk email

Benjamin Scribner May 21, 2019

I am new to Jira Service Desk and I was wondering if it is possible to configure the system to use one of my business' email addresses for clients to submit tickets?  For example, a client sends an email to helpdesk@mycompanysemailaddress.com, which is then picked up by Jira and entered as a ticket.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ben

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2019

Yes. Just go to project settings > email requests and add a custom email address and use your current helpdesk email.

Jay Lewis May 23, 2019

Jack, 

I have a related question.  When a ticket is created from email, which has people who are cced, how do can Jira Service Desk automatically link them or put them in comments in the original ticket?  

Today, every person who replies to the email will create a new ticket

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2019

If the cc list are Customers in the project and in the same organization as the reporter they would or should be added as request participants at the onset. When they reply to the email response from JSD then it will be a comment. If they respond to the rwporter’s Email a new ticket is created. 

Jay Lewis May 24, 2019

Jack,

Thank you.  Yeah, i was hoping there was away around the issue if they respond to the reporter's email.  

0 votes
Jan Skopovy jr_ November 20, 2019

Hi, i have same question, how can i set custom email if its non gmail. working for recieving but not as from address. Its Exchange online. 

what can i do to have in/out email support@company.com?

0 votes
Benjamin Scribner May 21, 2019

Thank you Jack.  Just what I was looking for.

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2019

Hi @Benjamin Scribner 

Please try Automation for JIRA Cloud add-on. There you can specify from email address.

Regards,

Seba

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2019

Seba, unless i'm misreading his question I think Ben is want to simply use a custom email for incoming issue creation not for the notifications back to the customer.

Like Sebastian Krzewiński likes this
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2019

you might be right. My bad. Thakns :)

Adam Massey September 14, 2019

Question on support@mydomain.com custom email. I found the setting but it asks for an email addy and account PW. I was hoping I could use a Gmail Group function (Shared inbox) for this, or perhaps an alias but the PW filed leads me to believe it needs to be its own account? Anyone know the best practice for this when using a G-Suite account? 

Suggest an answer