Customizing email notifications

Daniel Herdean October 26, 2011

1. How do I set the email notifications to use the HTML template?

2. Can I customize the fields/content that's in the email notification?

3. Can I change the structure of the subject line?

3 answers

1 vote
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2015

You can fully customize body and subject of the outgoing email using our addon - Raley Email Notifications

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2011

I have read that JIRA onDemand doesn't give ssh access. It means you won't be able to customize the existing templates or add new ones. Not sure if you can do via an Atlassian support case but I would think it is a no-no!

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2012

As stated in OnDemand Restricted Functions : "the procedure for customising email content sent in notification messages requires editing Velocity files within the JIRA webapp. This makes it a special case of "customising source files". See JST-1791 and JRA-7266 for feature requests to allow customisation of email contents through the web UI".

The suggestion would be to vote and watch the feature requests for further updates.

Suggest an answer