It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Customizing Story Points Field

I would like to customize the default Story Points field so that it is a drop down menu following the Fibonacci sequence.

Is there any way to do this? 

It seems the locked Story Points field is the only one that feeds into reporting and displays on the issue cards when viewing all issues in aggregate (for example, in the backlog or in the active sprint). Given that, it seems that creating an additional custom field for Story Points does not have the same impact as using the default locked version. However, I cannot determine any way to make this change on the default story points field. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Oct 22, 2019

Correct, the story point field is locked. Your only option would be to create your own custom field, just note that Estimations on a board can only be based on a number field, not a select field.

0 votes

I've solved this with Scriptrunner - you have your "estimate entry" field as a drop-down, then have a scripted field that reads the value from the field and presents it as a number for the estimation statistic.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

273 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you