Customizing Board Columns

Charisma Riley September 6, 2019

I do not have an option to customize the columns on my Project Board. I have a Process Management project, in case that matters. Still, I've got what looks like a Kanban board; I should be able to customize the columns.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2019

Hi @Charisma Riley

If this is a Process Control project template, it is classed as a Jira Core product - or if you own Jira Software, a Business Project. The business boards work a little differently - it is just a reflect of the workflow and base issue details - it is not possible to customise it like with Board Configuration in Jira Software projects.

There are two ways you can configure them:

• Adding another workflow status will add a new column to the board
  • Jira Admins can drag the columns into a different order if the default order isn't suitable

If you want more configuration options - such as swimlanes, colours, etc - you'll need a Jira Software project type (if you own this product - I'd go with this).

More information on working with Jira Core Cloud boards can be found by clicking here

Some more details on the boards can be found in this blog post

Ste

Charisma Riley September 9, 2019

Hi, @Ste !

From what it sounds like, although the Process Workflow, although touted by Atlassian to be the most robust business-type project they offer ("our most complex workflow . . . can be adapted to suit your unique processes"), it does not seem like it's anywhere as awesome as the software projects, especially the Kanban project. Thank you very much for your response and suggestion. I will move forward in that direction, as it suits my needs to have a project as extensible as possible.

Thank you!

Like Ste likes this

Suggest an answer