Customize drop down list of Issues

Hi together, 

I have a question, till now I did no find a way to solve it.  I want to customize the drop down list of the issues, I mean the drop down under "more". In my case I want to move "Clone" to the top of the dropdown, after "Log work" on Epic, Task & Sub tasks. 

Furthermore in our  Epics if we select --> More, there is the possibility to "create sub task". I want to remove this "create sub-task" from the drop down and replace  it with "create task". 

Thank you in advance for your answers. 

Best regards 

Maria

3 answers

0 votes

Hi Maria,

to reorder "Clone" you need to edit atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/system-issueoperations-plugin.xml: change weight of operations-operations web-section and clone-issue web-item inside the section.

Don't forget to reload JIRA instance after these changes.

Hi Aleksandr, 

thank you. I do have only the possibility to disable the operations-operations web-section and clone-issue web-item. I don´t know how to change the weight. 

Thank you for your answer! 

Aleksandr Zuevich Community Champion Aug 02, 2017

<web-item key="clone-issue" i18n-name-key="webfragments.view.issue.opsbar.operations.ops.clone" name="Clone this issue" section="operations-operations" weight="20">
<label key="cloneissue.operation"/>
<tooltip key="admin.issue.operations.plugin.clone.issue.name"/>
<styleClass>issueaction-clone-issue</styleClass>
<link linkId="clone-issue">
/secure/CloneIssueDetails!default.jspa?id=${issueId}
</link>
<condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.HasProjectPermissionCondition">
<param name="permission">create</param>
</condition>
</web-item>

thank you very much!

0 votes
Joe Pitt Community Champion Aug 02, 2017

Just remember, you will need to make that change in any future release. AND, it may not be in the same place.

ok, you mean, if we have a release I have to change it again? 

Thank you

Maria

Yes, if you upgrade, your changes will be removed by the process, and need re-applying.  And they might not be in the same place in the next release.

Also bear in mind that even a minor change like this makes you technically unsupported.  Atlassian will try, but they've every right to say "pull out your customisations before we go any further"

0 votes

Personally, I wouldn't do the "create task" change as it reduces the clarity of the link (tasks in a lot of JIRA installations are not sub-task types, but issue level).

But it is a language thing, you can open up the i8n-langage.jar file, find and replace occurences of the word "sub-task" and repackage it up as a new or replacement language file.

ok, thank you. It´s more complicated than I thought. It could be annoying if we have problems and at the same time technically unsupported. 

* In our case  a task is an issue level. Ok, I understand why

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,781 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot