Customize drop down list of Issues

Mari Car August 2, 2017

Hi together, 

I have a question, till now I did no find a way to solve it.  I want to customize the drop down list of the issues, I mean the drop down under "more". In my case I want to move "Clone" to the top of the dropdown, after "Log work" on Epic, Task & Sub tasks. 

Furthermore in our  Epics if we select --> More, there is the possibility to "create sub task". I want to remove this "create sub-task" from the drop down and replace  it with "create task". 

Thank you in advance for your answers. 

Best regards 

Maria

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

Personally, I wouldn't do the "create task" change as it reduces the clarity of the link (tasks in a lot of JIRA installations are not sub-task types, but issue level).

But it is a language thing, you can open up the i8n-langage.jar file, find and replace occurences of the word "sub-task" and repackage it up as a new or replacement language file.

Mari Car August 2, 2017

ok, thank you. It´s more complicated than I thought. It could be annoying if we have problems and at the same time technically unsupported. 

* In our case  a task is an issue level. Ok, I understand why

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

Just remember, you will need to make that change in any future release. AND, it may not be in the same place.

Mari Car August 2, 2017

ok, you mean, if we have a release I have to change it again? 

Thank you

Maria

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2017

Yes, if you upgrade, your changes will be removed by the process, and need re-applying.  And they might not be in the same place in the next release.

Also bear in mind that even a minor change like this makes you technically unsupported.  Atlassian will try, but they've every right to say "pull out your customisations before we go any further"

0 votes
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

Hi Maria,

to reorder "Clone" you need to edit atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/system-issueoperations-plugin.xml: change weight of operations-operations web-section and clone-issue web-item inside the section.

Don't forget to reload JIRA instance after these changes.

Mari Car August 2, 2017

Hi Aleksandr, 

thank you. I do have only the possibility to disable the operations-operations web-section and clone-issue web-item. I don´t know how to change the weight. 

Thank you for your answer! 

Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

<web-item key="clone-issue" i18n-name-key="webfragments.view.issue.opsbar.operations.ops.clone" name="Clone this issue" section="operations-operations" weight="20">
<label key="cloneissue.operation"/>
<tooltip key="admin.issue.operations.plugin.clone.issue.name"/>
<styleClass>issueaction-clone-issue</styleClass>
<link linkId="clone-issue">
/secure/CloneIssueDetails!default.jspa?id=${issueId}
</link>
<condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.HasProjectPermissionCondition">
<param name="permission">create</param>
</condition>
</web-item>

Mari Car August 2, 2017

thank you very much!

shubham May 16, 2021

Is it possible to add a new link in create sub-task web-section in more drop down ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2021

Not without coding for a web-fragment.

Suggest an answer