Customize Jira 8 bulk email - access issue data

Martina Riedel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

I'm on Jira 8.5.1 and trying to add our customizations to the new templates that drive the bulk email.

I'm following https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/customizing-email-content-batched-notifications-976770772.html and have modified hardcoded pieces, but I have been unable to access any issue data.

In the old templates, $issue was available and it was a matter of retrieving and formatting data.

Atlassian Premier Support also tried and didn't manage it and say "we don't support this" and to ask the community.

So here is the question: has anybody managed to access issue data that is not in the $header variable somehow?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martina Riedel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2020
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2020

In the meantime, one option is to use a third party app like Notification Assistant for Jira  (we make this).

Suggest an answer