Customer user type in Jira free trial version

Hi, I am using free trial version of JIRA and could not find how to add a Customer User . Need your help. Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Sorry Salih, you can only create Custoters if you are using Service Desk. Please check Users, groups and project roles for further information.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

0 vote

Hi Salih,

If you're trying to create an user on JIRA, please refer to Add users.
If you are trying yo create a customer on Service Desk, please refer to Managing customers.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

Thanks Paula, Let me share below  the info that I have received from

Aaron/SUPPORT] [Customer Advocates] Product Information Request: salih@vikingturizm.com.tr [CA-117199].

Each time that I add a user at JIRA (I am not using Service Desk) , a Licence Usage is consumed. I want to add a Customer User type which does not consume a Licence usage

Thanks

• Customer:
    • No access to JIRA functionality
    • Access to email channel and customer portal for creating, tracking, commenting and adding attachments to their requests
      -> Customers do not consume JIRA Service Desk licenses or JIRA user licenses. 
0 vote

Hi Salih,

As Paula has mentioned, the customer user type that doesn't consume a license belongs to JIRA Service Desk. If you'd like o take a look at JSD permissions, please take a look at this link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/JIRA+Service+Desk+permissions

Regarding users that count toward JIRA's license, I believe this page can also clear things a bit more for you: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Get+a+List+of+Active+Users+Counting+Towards+the+JIRA+License

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

598 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you