Customer complaints

Bianca Hildebrand January 18, 2021

How do I add a customer complaint option onto my Jira service desk portal?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

Add a new request type?  Or even a new portal (project) if complaints are going to be handled by a different team.

Thank you, I've created a new request time, I'm now struggling to add it to the portal group, it's only allowing me to add email requests, not my complaints request type.Capture.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

You'll want to follow through the +add request form

It should let you map a new request type on to an issue type, or add a new issue type (I suspect complaints are probably going to be very differently set up to other issue types, so I'd recommend adding a complaint type)

When you've got the new request/issue type pair, it should appear on the portal.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

Hi @Bianca Hildebrand

assuming the customer complaint is another request type, among others that are already existing in your portal, you can simple refer to the guide on how to introduce a new request type:

Please let us know if this helped or if you meant something else.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel 

Thank you, I've created a new request time, I'm now struggling to add it to the portal group, it's only allowing me to add email requests, not my complaints request type.

Capture.JPG

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

When you create a request type you can add it to a portal group directly.
In case you did not check the box to let Jira do this upon creation you can navigate to: Project settings >> Portal groups and by the "+Add request form" you can add the previously created Request Type.
If this does not appear there creation most probably was not done correctly.

When I create a new request type it only allows me to populate the below, it doesn't give an 1Capture1.JPGoption to add it to a portal group.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2021

You are trying to create an Issue Type from your screenshot instead of a Request Type. Please kindly refer to the documentation I linked earlier.

Thank you, I've managed to do it.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2021

Awesome! That's great to hear!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events