Custom status order for issues in JIRA

Nobel Worku December 1, 2019

As shown in the screenshot I would like to order my JIRA status so the first option is always the next logical step.

I added the opsbar-sequence property (no whitespace in the key) and added values of 100, 200, 300, 400 etc.. to all my steps but the default order still appears.

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 4.29.23 pm.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2019

Hello @Nobel Worku ,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community.

Currently the opsbar-sequence property on a workflow transition does not change the order of these transitions when using the New Issue view, and only re-arranges the status order on the classic view.

We are tracking the addition of this feature at the following Feature request, make sure to add a vote to the request to help us track interest for prioritization efforts per the "Implementation of New Features Policy" , as well as adding any feedback you have as a comment on the request:

If you would like to use the classic view to use the opsbar-sequence feature in your workflow, you can disable the new view by selecting your "Profile picture > Settings" and then deselecting the selector box for the "New Jira issue view":

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 10.21.55 AM.png Then Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 10.21.28 AM.png

Regards,
Earl

Matthew Canham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2020

Hi @Nobel Worku

I wanted to chime in here and let you know that the opsbar-sequence property is now honored in the new issue view. Previously it was only available in the old issue view. You can find more information on the public ticket.

Kind regards,

Matt

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer