Custom search based on updated

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

Hi,

This is my scenario.

I have two steps 'A' and 'B' in my workflow and two transitions 'A to B' and 'B to A'. I started in A and go to B.

When I stay in B, I want that if anybody comment issue, go automatic to step 'A'. I read and I know this possible with Jelly Service and with Saved Filter but I don't know how. I think that to make a saved filter that check last comment author (I want to check if some user comment) but this is not possible, so I think to check with updated time.

The problem is that when I go to antoher transition, the updated time refresh and I can't to compare in saved filter with option 'last update by more than..' and 'last update within...'.

The only that I want is: how I do a saved filter that return issues that are status 'B' and someone have comented in this status?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
skorzinetzki March 25, 2013

I would suggest you cannot solve this with standard JQL functions.

You cannot get the last transition time seperated from the last comment time.

Maybe there is a plugin, that extends the JQL with a function that gets the last transition time, but i don't know.

What about creating a transition back from B to A which is called something like "answer" or "comment", that shows a mask with the comment field on it?

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Well your solution it's OK but I want to apply this scenario to my customers/clients, so it's more practical to comment directly and not to push 'answer' or 'comment' because it's my client forget to push button and comment, the issue doesn't pass to the another step... do you understand me?

skorzinetzki April 8, 2013

Yes I get this.

Maybe think about an Event Listener, that reacts on the comment event and that only aplies to comment events of issues in a given state. This listener then should transition the issue from B to A.

Suggest an answer