Custom jira dashboard layout

Hello there.

I need to make a custom dahsboard layout to get as much information from the dashboard as I can. For this to work I need some informations to be well aligned along the columns.

Is there any possible way to make a section spanning over all of the columns (like a header):

Or maybe there is a way to make a separator spanned across the columns, to separate and align some gadgets below the separator?

I have read this topic: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GADGETS/Changing+the+Layout+of+your+Dashboard

yet I'm looking for some workaround for this to work. Maybe some way to alter Jira's code?

I will be thankfull for any answers different than "Can't do." :)

Best regards,

Blazej.

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments Closed
2 votes
Renjith Pillai Community Champion Jan 08, 2013

If you have a Confluence instance running, publish all your JIRA gadgets to Confluence, and create a page in Confluence in the way you want. It can be actually in any format as you can even put direct html into the page.

That's a nice idea, but... will the gadgets refresh themselves? If so, this wood be a nice solution to my problem!

Renjith Pillai Community Champion Jan 08, 2013

Refreshing is trivial, all browsers have auto refresh add-ons, use one of them, if the gadgets do not refresh.

Thanks, I will try to make this work tomorrow! I really appreciate your help.

It would be great if the JIRA dashboard layout had the same flexibility as the Confluence page layout to allow sections / columns as shown above instead of just the canned one, two, or three column choices.

I'm definitively agree with you!

1 votes
David Chan Atlassian Team Jan 08, 2013

Although I don't have a solution for you, I'd definitely recommend that you vote/comment on the feature request for this:

Thank you very much for the link, I voted and commented. Maybe it will get done some day :)

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,873 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot