Custom fields from external database in Jira CLOUD

Deleted user May 21, 2018

Hi,

I need to create some custom fields with information from external database. I found some add-on that do this, but only works for Jira server.

Is there any add-on to work with external database in Jira Cloud.

3 answers

9 votes
Julie d'Antin [Elements]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 18, 2020

Hello @[deleted] ! 

If the topic is still relevant to you, my company Elements has just released Elements Connect for Jira Cloud.

This brand new version of our popular external data connector for Jira currently is in public beta. For the time being, it allows you to fetch data from SQL databases and display them in Jira Service Desk requests. (we plan to add more data sources and features in the coming months).  

If you'd like to give it a try, we'd love to get your feedback about the app.
Hope this helps.

Julie from Elements  

Markus July 30, 2020

It looks pretty awesome, how much will it be? I would love to help beta test but if its outside what my company can afford it would be better to know up front.

Thank you

Julie d'Antin [Elements]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 3, 2020

Hello @Markus , 

Here's the detailed pricing for Elements Connect for Jira Cloud. Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions :-)

Kind regards,

Julie from Elements

1 vote
francis
Marketplace Partner
May 21, 2018

Can you access this database through a webservice?

If it is - you might have a look at the table grid editor for cloud.  It allows to connect with a webservice and display this information in a grid.

Check the documentation here

Francis

0 votes
Thomas Opiolka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2019

There is now a Jira cloud App called  "External Data for Jira Fields".

It allows you to synchronise your external endpoints with custom fields either directly on the issue or with option fields on a dropdown.

Maybe this helps you solve that issue, if you are still looking for an answer.

Disclaimer: I am the product manager of said App

PVS
Banned
August 2, 2019

Hi @Thomas Opiolka 

I am Also Facing Some Issues Using this plugin 

I was Connect to jira Server data  Displaying on jira cloud instance I will face some errors 

Like this 

When i connect the Data base This is displaying  

Error :A task was canceled.

Could You Please Help me 

Thanks,

Thomas Opiolka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2019

Hi @PVS

I will try to help you for sure. Could you please write a short mail to support[at]codefortynine.com to open a ticket?

This makes communication easier.

Best,

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events