Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custom fields are getting disappear in edit and create issue screen Edited

I recently upgraded to jira server v8.7.1 from v8.5.4. It was an in-place upgrade and was successfully completed. But Post upgrade I started seeing problem with Custom fields getting disappear after few seconds on create issue and edit issue screen.

Currently I am just observing this issue only in one project where field ‘Priority’ & ‘PSP Team (select list)’ getting disappear after few seconds on both create and edit issue screen. Due to its disappearing behavior, I are not able to edit these fields.

What I have checked:

  • Yes, we do have behavior added for CF ‘PSP Team’ and in behavior it is even marked as required still it is getting disappear.
  • We commented out the code in behavior, still same effect.
  • Added the custom field in other projects, working fine not getting disappear at all.
  • Correct context is set for CF ‘PSP Team’.
  • For ‘priority’, we are able to edit in other projects.
  • Poth ‘Priority’ & ‘PSP Team’ are added in create and edit issue screen.
  • Screen scheme and Issue type screen scheme are properly configured for project.
  • Also filed configuration and scheme are properly configured. ‘Priority’ field is marked as required in filed configuration.

Still not sure why the two fields are getting disappear after few seconds. Even same config we have in our dev env, over there it is working fine.

Any idea how to debug and fix this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jul 09, 2021

@Utkarsh Singh does it happen to all users?  Is it happening in all browsers?  Have you tried clearing your browsers cache?

Yes, it was happening to all users, in all browsers, even checked in incognito mode.

But we figured out the issue by debugging the affected page using browser's developer tools. We generate the HAR file and even checked for any error on the console tab. 

Issue was with the conditional script added in a behaviour, for another field 'Macro' which had a switch case defined and somehow it was  going to default option.

In script we are hiding certain fields on a transition screen as per the option selected by user from Macro list.

So we removed the hiding part for field priority & PSP Team from the code and this resolved the issue. Even field PSP Team was unnecessarily added we don't even required that filed on transition screen. 

 

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you