Custom fields are getting disappear in edit and create issue screen

Utkarsh Singh July 5, 2021

I recently upgraded to jira server v8.7.1 from v8.5.4. It was an in-place upgrade and was successfully completed. But Post upgrade I started seeing problem with Custom fields getting disappear after few seconds on create issue and edit issue screen.

Currently I am just observing this issue only in one project where field ‘Priority’ & ‘PSP Team (select list)’ getting disappear after few seconds on both create and edit issue screen. Due to its disappearing behavior, I are not able to edit these fields.

What I have checked:

• Yes, we do have behavior added for CF ‘PSP Team’ and in behavior it is even marked as required still it is getting disappear.
  • We commented out the code in behavior, still same effect.
  • Added the custom field in other projects, working fine not getting disappear at all.
  • Correct context is set for CF ‘PSP Team’.
  • For ‘priority’, we are able to edit in other projects.
  • Poth ‘Priority’ & ‘PSP Team’ are added in create and edit issue screen.
  • Screen scheme and Issue type screen scheme are properly configured for project.
  • Also filed configuration and scheme are properly configured. ‘Priority’ field is marked as required in filed configuration.

Still not sure why the two fields are getting disappear after few seconds. Even same config we have in our dev env, over there it is working fine.

Any idea how to debug and fix this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2021

@Utkarsh Singh does it happen to all users?  Is it happening in all browsers?  Have you tried clearing your browsers cache?

Utkarsh Singh July 12, 2021

Yes, it was happening to all users, in all browsers, even checked in incognito mode.

But we figured out the issue by debugging the affected page using browser's developer tools. We generate the HAR file and even checked for any error on the console tab. 

Issue was with the conditional script added in a behaviour, for another field 'Macro' which had a switch case defined and somehow it was  going to default option.

In script we are hiding certain fields on a transition screen as per the option selected by user from Macro list.

So we removed the hiding part for field priority & PSP Team from the code and this resolved the issue. Even field PSP Team was unnecessarily added we don't even required that filed on transition screen. 

Suggest an answer