• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custom field position in Jira Server

Hi,

I have created a custom field in my plugin and would like it to show up in a specific location (i.e. where Jira shows user information or date information). I remember that  this can be configured for each type of custom field. However, I don't seem to be able to find that information anymore.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Dirk Dittert you cannot configure where "user", "group", "date" and "datetime" fields are positioned.

All the other types of fields are positioned based on the Screen configuration (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/defining-a-screen-938847288.html)

What is the type of your custom field?

hi @Dirk Dittert , please let's try to hold the communication in one thread :). I tried to check Jira Source code and find out, which condition is used to display the field in user fields section and date fields section. I found out User/Group fields types implement com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.UserField and date fields implement com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.DateField.

I don't have chance to test it but could you give it a try and let me know if it worked?

I guess you know how to implement the interface but for eventual future readers...

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.UserField;

public class MyCFType extends CalculatedCFType<String, String> implements UserField {

}

Thanks for your tip. Implementing UserField moves the field over to right hand side.

Thanks for getting back at me. I am aware of the screen configuration. However, my question is not about configuration but about creating a new custom field type (i.e. Java code in a custom plugin). 

My custom field extends CalculatedCFType<String, String> and I want that field to show up to the right, where users are shown.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you