Custom field global context not applying to all projects

Esther Strom March 27, 2019

I have a custom dropdown field with two contexts - one specific and one global. It's working correctly for the specific context, and for most of the projects that would fall under global, but there are several projects created recently that should be covered by the global context where the field is displaying, but there are no values.

Is there some other setting I may be missing? All of the projects where the values are missing were created with the "share settings with another project" property, and the project they're based on does display the values.

This is what the field configuration looks like; the default at the top is applying to about 20 projects correctly, and the OpexOnly is applying correctly to the two selected projects.

global.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esther Strom March 27, 2019

This is strange, but it appears that the field is taking 10-12 seconds to load the values on the projects in question, but the values are there. 

Niranjan Singh March 18, 2020

I m facing similar issue where the contexts created for the custom field is disappering.. the earlier created ones where also missing suddenly.. no idea what is happening in Cloud JIRA

Lori Harris April 14, 2023

I am trying to create cascade field with a dozen contexts, why does it only allow the first one to be global? As I add the additional contexts it is requiring me to choose project(s) I want them to all be global for all issue types and projects.

Lori Harris May 4, 2023

I figured out what I was doing wrong, I only needed to create one context for my scenario. 

Suggest an answer