Custom assignee list depending on user or group

Marton Csik August 26, 2019

Hi,

Depending on the user (and which group she/he is in) we would like to control the asignee list.

There are external and internal user of the JIRA project and the goal is that the external users only assign issues to another external users or some of the internal users, but the internal users can assign issues to anyone.
Because of the last part the permission scheme is not an option (as far as I know)

Also the assign process can happen without transiton so the post function is out of the picture.

Do you know any option how to solve this problem?

Many Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Kuhl {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2019

HI @Marton Csik - In Jira out of the box it isn't possible.  Here are a couple of ideas off the top of my head:

A third-party app based solution could be to use an app such as Automation for Jira to listen for an issue assigned event and check the group membership of the assignee vs the actor who assigned the issue.  If it is an assignee that is not permitted then revert the assignment and send the actor a notification that it was rejected.

Another solution could be to use the Elements Connect to create a custom user select field that is filtered based on your rule.  That selection can then update the assignee field.

Marton Csik October 14, 2019

Sorry for the late response and thank you for the answer.

I hoped there will be plugin just for this.

Elements Connect looks good and as I search in the community a listener for issueUpdate can help without transition.

Suggest an answer