Custom Web-panel via REST API in JIRA

Egor Erofeev July 9, 2018

Hi,

Is it possible to POST/PUT data to custom web-panel via REST API? For example, update "hello world" in myPanel web-section to "123" using REST?

Thanks in advance.

web-panel rest.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2018

Hello,

You would need to develop a Jira plugin to create such a web panel

Alexey, I've already created the plugin, displaying the contents of Java data structures in my web-section using velocity template.

Now my goal is to synchronize an issue on my-app side with Jira-issue (especially  with custom web-panel section).

Are there REST API, which would allow me to change the contents in my web-panel POSTing correct json using maybe "key" or another identifier of my panel? Or I'll need to implement it through Java code and templates?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2018

You need to implement through Java code and templates.

Ok, thanks!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2018

You are welcome!

Suggest an answer