Custom Status in category Done not recognized by Sprint Report

Paweł Partyka May 21, 2023

I have a problem setting up a project.

I need to setup a custom status "Review" for the work that requires review of the team lead before being moved by Lead to "Done" or moved back to "To Do" queue.

I wanted it to be seen by Jira in "Done" category, to easily separate it from work that is still in progress.

However, when I complete the Sprint, the work in "Review" is still seen as incomplete work.

I've double checked the status setup and workflow for tasks, but everywhere is shows that "Review" status is in "Done" category, but report does not reflect that.

How can I make that Jira understands "Review" status on par with "Done"?status2.jpgstatus1.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

Hi @Paweł Partyka,

In order to be considered as a Done status, your reviewed status must be mapped to the rightmost column of the board. That is how the board (and related reports) determine what work should be considered done, regardless of status category.

Any issues that are in another column of the board are considered incomplete.

Hope this helps! 

Paweł Partyka May 22, 2023

That would explain it - I've made it as a column before "Done" column, so team could move from "To Do" > "In Progress" > "Review" > "Done".

I guess there is no way of editing Sprint Report to look at review otherwise?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

No @Paweł Partyka, the sprint report just uses the column mapping to interpret what is done and what isn't. It is not configurable, it just presents what it gets from how issues move across the board. 

Paweł Partyka May 22, 2023

Thanks Walter, that's insightful. Gonna then look for some other solution for this. Cheers!

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

Hi @Paweł Partyka 

Are you in a company-managed or team-managed project?

Does your status Review set a resolution, either via a post function in the workflow or via a validator with Resolution as required field?

No matter the status category of a status, in this case Done, a resolution is required for Done statuses as that's the identifier for Jira to consider an open/closed issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events